Thursday, April 14, 2011

Don't go APE for APE.V

Sorry to anyone who bought APE.V.  Out today is the story that Bolivia may nationalize their silver mines.  See link to story at zero hedge.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/will-silver-surge-following-nationalization-bolivias-silver-mines-president-evo-morales

If you own it, I'd sell it.  Also, CDE getting hit hard by the news as one of their mines (San Bartolome) is in Bolivia as well.  PAAS, same story.

Don't think I'm not paying the price on this as well.  I bought this stock via TD Ameritrade about 3 weeks ago.  As they underwent a name change (defined as a corporate action), the stock transfer agent has not yet delivered the shares to my account, and I am stuck holding this until the matter is cleared up, i.e.the new stock certs are delivered.  I can't sell even if I wanted to.  What a killer!

On the other hand, all of the other silver stocks fairing much better today.  As mentioned in the above article, I think the silver market is nervous as to reduced production which would squeeze an already tight physical silver market.

Until the next time...

Fiat Doubter

No comments:

Post a Comment